Whether it’s accommodative monetary policy, the promise of less shadowy shadow inventory or increased economic recovery, U.S. housing continues along a path of sustainable growth. Rising prices are drawing otherwise
reluctant or previously underwater sellers. And buyers are grateful for any additional supply. Intervention from the Fed may or may not be on the horizon. Nonetheless, there’s reason to be confident in positive market longevity.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending August 31:
- New Listings increased 16.3% to 1,359
- Pending Sales increased 22.9% to 1,243
- Inventory decreased 9.3% to 16,081
For the month of August:
- Median Sales Price increased 16.9% to $208,000
- Days on Market decreased 34.0% to 70
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 2.0% to 97.0%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 18.2% to 3.6
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report.From The Skinny.