For Week Ending March 26, 2016
With spring comes the welcoming of another season: the annual springtime seller’s market. Low inventory levels nationwide are inching sales prices higher and dropping the number of days that homes are staying on the market. With interest rates remaining unexpectedly low, there is even more incentive for buyers to competitively bid on new listings.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending March 26:
- New Listings decreased 15.9% to 1,488
- Pending Sales increased 4.4% to 1,384
- Inventory decreased 17.9% to 12,214
For the month of February:
- Median Sales Price increased 3.5% to $207,000
- Days on Market decreased 9.4% to 96
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.1% to 95.2%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 25.0% to 2.4
All comparisons are to 2015
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.