For Week Ending August 15, 2015
According to statistics jointly released by the U.S. Census Bureau and the Department of Housing and Urban Development, privately-owned housing starts rose 0.2 percent when comparing July 2015 to the prior month and 10.1 percent when compared to July 2014. These numbers are at the highest levels the market has seen since October 2007. This bodes well for the eventual landing of a flock of potential buyers currently holding in a rental pattern or the wakening of those resting in extended parental basement hibernation.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending August 15:
- New Listings increased 3.1% to 1,746
- Pending Sales increased 18.9% to 1,268
- Inventory decreased 12.3% to 16,950
For the month of July:
- Median Sales Price increased 4.7% to $225,000
- Days on Market decreased 7.4% to 63
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.8% to 97.6%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 19.6% to 3.7
All comparisons are to 2014
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.