For Week Ending August 8, 2015
That time of year is here for some and on its way for others: School. The summer’s fun is winding down. Perceived as good for some weary parents, bad for some summer-loving kids and standard fare for real estate professionals that know August as a quiet identifier of the expectation of housing market slowdown. That said, home sales and housing prices have both continued to edge up across the country on a macro level compared to last year’s numbers. Let’s take a look at the local trends.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending August 8:
- New Listings decreased 2.8% to 1,746
- Pending Sales increased 13.5% to 1,293
- Inventory decreased 11.0% to 17,038
For the month of July:
- Median Sales Price increased 4.7% to $225,000
- Days on Market decreased 7.4% to 63
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.8% to 97.6%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 19.6% to 3.7
All comparisons are to 2014
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.