For Week Ending October 20, 2018
In general, the country is experiencing a balanced real estate market in one form or another, depending on geographic location. While it is true that median sales prices are relatively high in terms of housing affordability for the standard household wage, metrics such as new listings, pending sales and inventory are all fairly level with year-ago levels in much of the nation. At a time of stock market volatility, political uncertainty and rising interest rates, this is very welcome news.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending October 20:
- New Listings increased 4.3% to 1,387
- Pending Sales decreased 5.6% to 1,021
- Inventory decreased 2.3% to 12,397
For the month of September:
- Median Sales Price increased 6.1% to $262,000
- Days on Market decreased 16.0% to 42
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.3% to 98.4%
- Months Supply of Inventory remained flat at 2.6
All comparisons are to 2017
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.