For Week Ending October 13, 2018
It is that rare two-week window when not only politicians battle each other in order to convince voters who is best, but when professional football, baseball, hockey and basketball teams are battling for dominance in their respective sports. Competition is in the air, and yet the bulk of residential real estate markets across the country continue to enjoy a fair and balanced playing field. Even inventory, which has been down for years, is not looking so far from year-ago levels.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending October 13:
- New Listings increased 1.6% to 1,389
- Pending Sales decreased 1.6% to 1,064
- Inventory decreased 2.9% to 12,494
For the month of September:
- Median Sales Price increased 6.1% to $262,000
- Days on Market decreased 16.0% to 42
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.3% to 98.4%
- Months Supply of Inventory remained flat at 2.6
All comparisons are to 2017
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.