It’s the time of year when housing statistics take a back seat to the resolve associated with a fresh calendar year. Diligent tracking of new listings and pending sales counts tends to give way to weight loss plans and personal financial planning. And you know what? That’s just great! Spending some time focusing on self just may help make 2014 a banner year to match 2013. But if you want to take a quick glance, the data is here for your perusal. Here’s to another great year!
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending January 4:
- New Listings decreased 18.7% to 678
- Pending Sales decreased 12.4% to 507
- Inventory decreased 4.9% to 12,368
For the month of December:
- Median Sales Price increased 13.7% to $191,000
- Days on Market decreased 20.4% to 86
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.9% to 94.6%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 15.6% to 2.7
All comparisons are to 2013
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report.From The Skinny.