For Week Ending September 1, 2018
At this time of year, there tends to be a final push to get a housing deal done before a natural switch in focus toward the likes of back-to-school needs, home preparation for colder weather and even pre-planning for winter holiday and leisure travel. Although there doesn’t appear to be a huge national increase in sales compared to last year, there also isn’t any overt let-down. Residential real estate is healthy now and should continue to be healthy into the fall and winter seasons.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending September 1:
- New Listings decreased 1.4% to 1,291
- Pending Sales increased 0.4% to 1,217
- Inventory decreased 7.6% to 12,438
For the month of July:
- Median Sales Price increased 6.6% to $268,000
- Days on Market decreased 17.4% to 38
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.7% to 99.8%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 7.4% to 2.5
All comparisons are to 2017
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.