For Week Ending March 24, 2018
In general, housing markets are performing rather well across the country and locally. While some measures may show year-over-year declines at times, the truth of the matter is that showings are plentiful, buyers are eagerly searching for homes to purchase and good properties are exchanging hands whether or not the overall inventory situation is less than favorable or mortgage rates go up a quarter percent.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending March 24:
- New Listings decreased 1.9% to 1,586
- Pending Sales decreased 12.4% to 1,197
- Inventory decreased 23.2% to 8,290
For the month of February:
- Median Sales Price increased 12.7% to $250,000
- Days on Market decreased 15.9% to 69
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.6% to 98.0%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 15.8% to 1.6
All comparisons are to 2017
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.