For Week Ending January 20, 2018
Existing-home sales, which are completed transactions that include single-family homes, townhomes, condominiums and co-ops, were up 1.1 percent in 2017 compared to 2016 to 5.5 million sales, becoming the best year for sales in 11 years. Overall, the housing market performed well in 2017 within a strong economy. Homeowners made healthy price gains at sale, and distressed property sales have returned to historically low marks.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending January 20:
- New Listings decreased 9.8% to 943
- Pending Sales decreased 5.7% to 726
- Inventory decreased 25.4% to 7,062
For the month of December:
- Median Sales Price increased 9.7% to $248,000
- Days on Market decreased 15.3% to 61
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 1.3% to 97.1%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 26.3% to 1.4
All comparisons are to 2017
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.