For Week Ending February 25, 2017
As mortgage rates rise, median sales prices increase and stiff competition for low inventory continues, buyers are beginning to face some limitations with their housing options, especially for first-time buyers. That being said, for most weeks in 2017, sales have been higher in year-over-year comparisons with the same weeks in 2016.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending February 25:
- New Listings decreased 7.6% to 1,345
- Pending Sales decreased 6.7% to 980
- Inventory decreased 23.7% to 8,950
For the month of January:
- Median Sales Price increased 4.6% to $224,900
- Days on Market decreased 7.1% to 79
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.9% to 95.9%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 26.1% to 1.7
All comparisons are to 2016
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.