For Week Ending December 17, 2016
As we begin our final descent into 2017, the total value of the housing market has hit its highest point since the early 2000s. With mortgage rates on the rise and prices still increasing in most categories and locations, lower affordability could lead to less demand. However, most real estate professionals remain optimistic about the market and excited for the year ahead.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending December 17:
- New Listings decreased 4.1% to 578
- Pending Sales decreased 11.3% to 706
- Inventory decreased 23.5% to 9,978
For the month of November:
- Median Sales Price increased 5.5% to $231,325
- Days on Market decreased 15.1% to 62
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.7% to 96.6%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 24.1% to 2.2
All comparisons are to 2015
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.